This policy outlines the privacy issues that are relevant to users and the obligations and requirements of website owners, users, and the website. This policy will also detail how this website stores, processes, and protects user information.
What INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? WHY AND HOW DO WE USE IT.
UK British Thermals won't collect any information that is not required to fulfill your order.
|Type of information||Why and how to use it|
|Name, address and date of birth||
Complete the delivery
Fraud prevention checks
(Email Address, Phone Number, etc)
|If you have requested it, communication of order updates or marketing information|
Fraud prevention checks
(Emails, letters, etc)
Training for staff
To complete transactions
Optimise your buying experience
|Survey Responses/Competition Entries||
Enter the process
Take a look at the responses to our survey
|Device and IP Information||
You can set default options (e.g. language and currency).
|Session data anonymized||
Improved site usability
Site performance improvement
SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We don't sell your personal data to third parties and we won't. This includes your name, address, email, or payment information.
We share your data with these companies to be able to offer our services as an integral part of providing them with their services, as stated in this statement.
- We need to work with companies that are essential to getting your orders to you. These include payment service providers and delivery companies.
- We need professional service providers such as advertising partners, marketing agencies, website hosts, and CRM providers to help us run our businesses.
- Agency for credit reference, law enforcement and fraud prevention
- You can approve companies, such as through social media sites
We may share aggregated, anonymised data and analytics about customers with third parties. However, we will ensure that it doesn't identify you and conforms to all applicable data transfer security protocols.
Unless you give us permission to do so, we may occasionally send you marketing messages by email, SMS or mail. These messages will keep you informed about what's happening and help you find and buy our products.
You have the right to stop receiving marketing messages at any time. This is possible:
- Click on the "unsubscribe" link in any email
- By contacting email@example.com
After you have completed this, we will update the profile so that you no longer receive marketing messages. It might take several days for all of our systems to be updated. You might receive messages while we process your request.
Service communications such as order updates and marketing messages can be stopped by not stopping the sending of marketing messages.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE
We will keep your information as long as it is necessary to provide the services or (in case you have contacted our Customer Service team), as long as we need to provide support-related reports and trend analysis.
Only information that is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes or prevent fraud or abuse, or enforce our terms will be kept.
- You have the right to know how your personal data is used
- You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you
- You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate information about you
- You have the right to ask us to delete your data or stop processing or collecting it in certain circumstances
- You have the right to unsubscribe from any consent-based processing and to stop receiving direct marketing messages
- You have the right to ask that your data be transferred or port to another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/)
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are used to make sure you get the best out of our website. Cookies are tiny text files that we save on your device to allow you to access the site. Cookies are used to track your usage of the software and make it easier for you to use the site. A temporary cookie, for example, is used to track your "session".
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This privacy notice does NOT cover links to other websites within this site. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of any other websites you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Last updated on 20 January 2018, this privacy notice.
20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom